I'm new here

Random unmapped chat
no carrier

I'm new here

Post by no carrier »

Hey all,

I recognize a few names from efnet, but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to PCEDEV, but have experience with the 6502 on the NES and C64. I write software to use for live performances - doing visuals at chip music events all around.

Looking forward to porting some previous software I've written and coming up with new stuff that takes advantage of the huge sprites and large palette available on the PCE.

Later!

Don / NO CARRIER
MooZ
Site Admin

Re: I'm new here

Post by MooZ »

Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you'll enjoy phx/phy/stz and all that wonderfull pce opcodes :)
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

Hey no carrier :)

May pha/phx/phy/stz be with you. Amen.
RegalSin

Post by RegalSin »

Hi, and welcome myself. The creator of this forum ( the Galaxian person ) beat me to the punch. I have been planning to make my own, PC-Engine game ( and sell it ) for the longest now. I am also planning to to make my own dev forum. Since I am no programmer ( but I am not stupid ) I have been taking programming classes, to understand programming beyond the registery and backing up data.

So far I have been learning about C and previously reviewing Java. I memorized some of the functions, and when I get the time I study. I am searching for instructional manauls/kits/programming langauge ( like the one used for the PC engine ) , and what nots.

If anybody can direct me to the original kits for the PC engine. It would be very helpful. I really really really need, programing Developmental Kits, even if it is DOS. I am also willing to buy the hardware.

Right now, my programming methods, is none :roll: . Since I do not even know where to begin with the PC engine. However I do know the PC engine, and Cd unit was made before Turbo C++ and Java all together. So there has to be an development language, with examples. Seriously I need mondo help guys, and gals. I know the grammers was working with Floppy disks, the add-on's was mostly memory wise, and the system was even used in arcade units. So that means in todays money the PCE could be valueable in terms of a released production.

What I find amazing about the PC engine is how it lasted into 1996, Just around the time the N64 was released. I beleive the PC engine along with the AMGIA, can and will rise again.

Again, hi, hi, to all that know me. I am sorry I was such an mean angry whatever about the grammies back at Atari, Age and etc at Retrotable. However I am more leniant, that I understand a majority of the game consumer community is under twelve, and people over thirty who could give a hoot about a revival, other then a replacement liver.

I here to understand more about PC-Engine programming, and construction of devices. For which I plan to release myself.
Tanuki

Post by Tanuki »

Hi everybody ! (Hi MooZ and Xav ;) )

For short, I'm just a C programmer, and I like all 8/16-bit game machines (especially the PCE) !
Last edited by Tanuki on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MooZ
Site Admin

Post by MooZ »

Hey Tanuki! Welcome abroad.