ASM requests

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
Gravis
Kitten Blaster

ASM requests

Post by Gravis »

ok, so i'm new to the whole pce assembly deal which wouldnt be a problem if the pce was only a huc6280. :D

anyway, i want to do some basic stuff but i'm currently limited by my knowledge. if people could post their personal repository of ASM libs for PCEAS, that would be nice.

what i'm most interested in getting:
  • minimal system init code
  • raw gamepad port i/o
  • minimal gamepad i/o code (i dont need a 6 button controller, dammit!)
  • basic text printing code
i'm honestly not a fan of HuC/PCEAS's ASM code because it's convoluted (have you seen the gamepad code?!) and does things i dont like, such as nullify the up/down input for the gamepad if both are active. i like being lowlevel/hardcore, so help me out (and dont tase me) bro! :lol:

i know you have good code, so share share share! :D
tomaitheous

Re: ASM requests

Post by tomaitheous »

So you're looking to do ASM without the Mkit library code too? I can whip out a skeleton app boot hucard project. I have some generic print string routines too.

As for libraries, I tend to write new stuff for new projects. Not really reusing anything. Mostly because I'm always needing something specific (map routines, etc). Sometimes I copy code from a previous lib and modify it, other times I just re-write it from scratch (once ASM is native/natural to you, you easily think in ASM and just write code real quick like ;) ). Though I do tend to reuse macros quite a bit. Love me some macros.
Gravis
Kitten Blaster

Re: ASM requests

Post by Gravis »

tomaitheous wrote:So you're looking to do ASM without the Mkit library code too? I can whip out a skeleton app boot hucard project. I have some generic print string routines too.
yep
tomaitheous wrote:once ASM is native/natural to you, you easily think in ASM and just write code real quick like
i have no problem with ASM, i have problem with PCEAS's version of it, it's macros, it's zero page variables and coding conventions. also, i dont know the addresses for any of the hardware. basically, i know HuC6280 ASM just fine... and i have an emulation core to prove it. :D