Dragon lair on the PCE?

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
RegalSin

Dragon lair on the PCE?

Post by RegalSin »

So I found a PCE game that has a little bit of video in it. This made me think of the rayman game intro on the gameboy and SEGA CD video.

Maybe even Xvid reading is possible. Imagine the SEGA CD games ( asides the SEGA startup logo ) that is video. Why not the PCE. I look at my SEGA saturn and then the PCE.

Look at Dragon Lair for example. We could take the Gameboy code. rip the video from the Arcade game, then put the two together. Imagine a Dragon Lair with extremely high graphics ( not on the Power PC systems ) and is

Why the gameboy code? Well the original gameboy is using the same programming method, and the size of the cart itself, makes for easy editing.

Why the arcade game? well the arcade game itself, has the MPEG on it. It is the only pure source asides. Then afterwards we could apply the same code to that other FMV button pressing game.

The resolution and screen size, including video qaulity might be lower.

My original idea was to use sprites, ( The good old fashion PCE method). to extend upon this I was going to attempt to use altered images, since the PCE is capable of showing image after image. However after seeing the load times ( mostly resulting from a dirty disc ) I was thinking that pure images, would be too slow via the CD attachment.
RegalSin

Re: Dragon lair on the PCE?

Post by RegalSin »

There is this sherlock holmes game for the PCE, that is FMV. It is small and kind of choppy but it gets the job done. There is also 3x3 eyes ( that is a retelling of the first episode ), which is a Saturn styled Comic Adventure ( like Da Ja Vu ). However you make choices that could lead to game over or making the story go on.

Eitherway DragonSlayer could be redone from the ground up, like that other button pressing FMV game. If you ever played Dragon Slayer you will all remember the slight halts between scenes ( like the horse riding scene ). There would be slight halts on the PCE.