I would like to request this HuCard for translation

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
Validus

I would like to request this HuCard for translation

Post by Validus »

This is hands down the best HuCard RPG for the system. I am not sure how long it is, i was able to progress rather far in it with no knowledge of the japanese language but am currently stuck due to language barrier restriction. It is called Susano O Densetsu, the game features some of the best graphics on any HuCard RPG next to Jaseikin Necromancer. The game has excellent presentation with all important characters displaying a character portrait when they speak. The battles are great and not the traditional type, more like Emerald Dragon or Ultima but done much better in my opinion. Here are some pics.

A town

Character interaction

A battle scene

A boss fight

I believe there is an english alphabet within the games code. If not the following game is more traditional and maybe much easier to translate since it does containt the entire english alphabet in its coding, in my opinion it is a runner up for being the best HuCard RPG. Jaseikin Necromancer it was THE FIRST pcengine RPG and is a classic in japan among PCengine fans, rereleased on the Wii over there and on cellphones as well. Games monsters spulrt blood when defeated

RegalSin

Re: I would like to request this HuCard for translation

Post by RegalSin »

I was playing this game before. This is from the devilman series. The gameplay is simular to "Gain Ground" for the MD. Pretty much the story of "Fist of the North Star" AKA Mad max but the replace everything Demons.

The first step would be to find a font insertion program, Also many games only used a limited fonts, especially since this is a Japanese only game. Considering the games name there save files. The insertion program most used is called IPS ISP focused around Tendo systems. something should work.

There is also the need for a font viewer/ dialog viewer program. This allows you to change, the dialog of the game, as you please with whatever character you want.

If your a programmer ( unlike my not even novice self ) you should be able make these programs.
I think I might have the programs to view the fonts, but I forget where. Sorries.

About the game itself. The first part of the game is pulling yourself up after the big incident AKA USA bombed Japan/ RU versus US idea. I believe it was caused by the main character. Since in Devilman, the guy is allways tearing up the place, to reveal demons. Speaking of Post Apocolyptic series, there is another game on the famicom that is just like this, but was released for commercial purposes.
Validus

Post by Validus »

wow thank you for pointing out to me the great anime behind Susano, i just watched the film that came out the same year as this game for it AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!

Since i cant understand the game i will watch the anime subtitled.
MooZ
Site Admin

Post by MooZ »

Yo!

I completely missed this thread. So let's bump it. I don't know if the script is compressed.
But the good news is that the font seems to be stored in 1bpp.
Attachments
necro.png
(54.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet