PSG soud effect

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
TOUKO

PSG soud effect

Post by TOUKO »

HI all, i'am new on this forum ..

I'm trying to make soud fx for my game remix of galaxian.
Anybody's know a tuto for create sfx ??? 8-)
If a good soul want to help me :roll:
Thank's !!
Last edited by TOUKO on Wed May 27, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomaitheous

Re: PSG soud effect

Post by tomaitheous »

Writing to the hardware/regs is easy, but coming up with FX isn't. You usually need a software system for stuff like frequency/volume slides and such. Looking at HES files with mednafen, you could copy down the reg writes per frame and 'capture' some sound effects that way.
TOUKO

Post by TOUKO »

tomaitheous wrote:Writing to the hardware/regs is easy, but coming up with FX isn't. You usually need a software system for stuff like frequency/volume slides and such. Looking at HES files with mednafen, you could copy down the reg writes per frame and 'capture' some sound effects that way.
Arf, you have exactly seen my problems (frequency, volume) ..
For you,good way is to rip sound from game !!

Ok i'll try your advice 8-) , thanks ..
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

It's a pain in the ass but you can; open a HES file with mednafen, set a break point at $fff8 (vblank interrupt), then set break points for $800-809. Make sure your on the effect #1 first before setting those break points. The reason you set a break point for $FFF8 (might want to step into this code and find exact vblank section just incase hblank is enabled) is because you need a "time" reference for this audio reg writes. I really wish we had a way to log the audio reg writes with timestamps instead. Would be awesome if mednafen had that.

If you do 'capture' some sound FX, please post them. I'll do the same. We need a lib of general sound FXs.

Edit: Actually- do you have any requests? I might be able to rip a few SFX for you. I'll write a simple SFX player so you can test them out.
TOUKO

Post by TOUKO »

Ok, thanks for explanations ..

If i'll arrive to rip sounds, i'll post it ..