Sonic

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
Xavier

Sonic

Post by Xavier »

This WE there is a big PCE users gathering in France.

To celebrate it I'll post a playable built of my Sonic game:

http://rapidshare.com/files/138972266/b ... 8.rar.html

I would like to thanks every guy who help me, with a particular tip of the hat for Tomaitheous for it's irq routines and Charles for it's fantastic docs :D

Btw all BG animations use Vram to Vram DMA.
tomaitheous

Re: Sonic

Post by tomaitheous »

Awesome :D
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Hop, new build, this time full CD version, music courtesy of our dear Paranoia Dragon, use mednafen to play it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/144439476/sonic.zip.html

BTW Tom, I can no longer use your hsync scroll lib, it seem to crash the cd overlay mecanism and joypad functions :cry:
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

yeah, that lib needs a rewrite. That was back when I was just learning my way around the internals of HuC. If you don't mind me looking at your source, I could tailor something more specific for you ;) Actually, I don't need that specific source, just make a custom example I could work with that.

BTW, did you use it on the previous demo? I don't think I saw it in use.

Another question: Why not just write the dynamic tiles to VRAM instead of VRAM DMA?

EDIT: Awesome demo! I beat the level :D I was thinking, using dynamic tiles for the water parallax would be great.
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

Nice demo.

One thing, your cue sheet should be using the file type "OGG" for the OGG tracks, rather than WAVE. WAVE means .wav and my emulator is interpreting the type based on this tag and not the filename (I think this is the correct thing to do). Changing them to OGG allowed it to work fine.

Are you using HuC for this? It seems like it could use some speedups.
RegalSin

Post by RegalSin »

can repost your original download with your cd download.