Megaman!

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
tomaitheous

Megaman!

Post by tomaitheous »

I'm tired... I'll post about it tomorrow ;)

Edit: version 0.90 updated - http://pcedev.net/Megaman1/
Last edited by tomaitheous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
MooZ
Site Admin

Re: Megaman!

Post by MooZ »

Tomorrow Jupiterian time? :p
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

Tomorrow Jupiterian time? :p
Maybe ;)

Ok, here's the source - http://pcedev.net//Megaman1/

It contains the assembled rom in case people are too lazy to assemble it :D Got a few bugs I need to workout in the attribute table code, but the game's fully playable and beatable so far. Enjoy.
Last edited by tomaitheous on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Fabulous!!!

Do you think it can be assembled to CD-ROM?
After all the whole game can be stored in the scd ram.
I ask this because It can be awesome to hook music routine and play audio cd track instead.
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

Yes, I have plans to make a CD project as well. But first I want to get all the NES stuff emulated properly - including APU sound system. I had plans to hack the game for upgraded graphics, adpcm samples, and CD music once everything's finished. But..I still need to optimize the emulation code and such.

btw- version 0.85a. Fixes some glitches in the vertical scrolling.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

You know what, I'm happy ;)
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

Version 0.90 is out. Audio is about 95% done.
MottZilla

Post by MottZilla »

This is an awesome project Tomaitheous. I love both the NES and the PC-Engine and I like your plans so far. I went ahead and tried to assemble the ROMs myself and it worked out. If I understand everything right, I'm going to see if I can use your framework to get another game working. I have emulated the NES before but don't have any PC-Engine experience but I don't think that's needed as it seems you are replacing all register writes with hooks to subroutines to handle them. So I can easily find out what those are, infact I can add some code to my NES emulator to have it log them for me. =) I want to try and get Contra running.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I've been on the look out for you since I saw your post at Rom-Hacking.net about your cool PC-Engine developments.

Update: I actually got Contra running using your code and patching the registers by finding them with my emulator. No sound (cause they are in another bank) or controls yet. One thing I noticed though, is that the 8x16 sprites don't seem to work right. Their lower half is missing. Just wanted to throw that out there. I still have to figure out how I'm supposed to patch the input/joypad.
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

I replied over at the other forum ;)
MottZilla

Post by MottZilla »

It's been awhile so I thought I'd ask if you have worked on MM1 or any of the other NES to PCE projects since September.