Huc Engine and Windows 7

hu, cd, scd, acd, supergrafx discussions.
HyperFighting

Huc Engine and Windows 7

Post by HyperFighting »

Hi everyone,

Now with some cool techniques in place for converting .pcx files correctly to the pce format. I am looking for a sweet all in one solution for testing. I came across the HucEngine and would like to get it set up for use with Windows 7.

http://pcenginefx.com/main/hucengine.html

Has anybody successfully set up HucEngine under Windows 7? I tried to email the author but the message bounced back.

The main issue is the program calls for putting the PCE_INCLUDE=c:\huc\include\pce variable in autoexec.bat. As far as I know the autoexec.bat file is no longer in Windows 7 so I added it to the Environment Variables section and modified my path to include C:\huc\bin

I know my path and variable are set correctly because I can successfully compile from any directory when running the command prompt. When trying to compile in HucEngine nothing happens....I get the message compile successful but I have purposefully but syntax errors in my code to check it is working...under the command prompt the syntax errors are recognized right away.
MooZ
Site Admin

Re: Huc Engine and Windows 7

Post by MooZ »

Damn... Sorry I can't help you there.
This IDE has not been updated for ages. I think you are stuck with command terminal.