the point of the 8KB limit was to keep the demo small enough so that you can get it done in time. however, we have recently learned that a simple "Hello World" on HuC is 49KB due to it's massive library that is in all the ROMs. so instead, the restriction is that you have to keep your ROM under 70KB. we are very flexible with space (especially with HuC) so dont let that be a limiting factor in your work but keep it small!PC-Engine 8K Coding Contest!
Make a demo, a game, an application, "Hello World", or anything else you want for the PC-Engine. But you are limited to 8K, so choose your bytes wisely.
- Contest is over January 1, 2011.
- Submission must be an 8K PC-Engine ROM image (no header, no bitswapping).
- Program must run on a stock PC-Engine console.
- Use of ADPCM hardware is allowed.
- Allowed peripherals: 2, 3, 6-button gamepad, keyboard, mouse, Pachinko controller, 3 or 5-way tap.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Full source code must be included
- Post whatever you make here.
- Entries may get compiled into a multi-program ROM image so we'll need the source and permission to redistribute the modified entry.
- You can use any high level language as long as the result is 8K.
Judging & Prizes
- We will probably get people to vote. This part hasn't been finalized yet.
- There probably won't be prizes, this is just for fun.